Department of Agriculture, Food and The Marine
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ORGANISERS OF SHOWS AND EXHIBITORS OF CATTLE 2023.
SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS – CATTLE
Keepers wishing to show cattle in 2023 must obtain a Certificate of Compliance prior to the movement of the animal to the Show. This ensures that the animal(s) in question has the necessary TB, BR and BvD test recorded on the Department’s database and that the keeper presenting the animal is not restricted by the Department. Certificates of Compliance can be obtained online from the Animal Identification and Movement (AIM) system through the www.agfood.ie facility or from the Cattle Movement Notification Agency. When applying for a Certificate of Compliance, keepers should not specify a destination.
On the day of the Show, the certificate of compliance should be presented to the Show Secretary along with the Bovine Passport for the animal. The keeper will then sign the Movement Notification section of the Certificate which will then be sent to the local DvO for recording onto the AIM system. Please note that only cattle for which a valid Certificate of Compliance is provided to the Show Secretary can be shown on the day of Show.
RULES AND CONDITIONS
1. Any person leading an animal must be competent to do so.
2. Animals over 6 weeks of age must have a valid T.B. Test.
3. An animal may be entered in more than one class, but a first prize winner at Show is debarred from competing in any subsequent class except in a class designed as a special class.
4. No person will be allowed inside judging rings while judging is in progress, except Stewards in Charge, Judges and attendants immediately
in charge of exhibit being judged.
5. Animals must be supervised at all times.
6. Officers of the Department of Agriculture will attend to check animals against accompanying veterinary documents. All necessary documents ust be produced on show day for inspection.
7. Departmental Rules request that all animals be double tagged.
8. o pedigree cattle allowed to be shown in Commercial Classes.
9. All cattle to be led, unless otherwise stated.
10. Officers/Stewards of Bannow & Rathangan Show Society reserve the right to remove any animal that is considered a Health & Safety risk.
Young Handler Class 1, followed by Class 2 starts at 11.30 am
Cattle Showing Starts 12.00 Noon
Pens to be secure with gates hanging at 6ft high.
N.B. Power Washing Facilities on Field
PRIZES IN CLASSES 3 – 19: €80, €50, €40, €30
Young Handlers Class 1 and 2 – No Entry Fee
Entry Fee: Calf Classes €5. Older Animals €7 – Unless stated otherwise.
Note: On Show day, Please collect exhibit Numbers at Cattle Section.
Entries : Eilish Stafford 087 2052253, Ballygrangans, Kilmore, Co. Wexford
Enquiries: Patsy Kavanagh: 086 8697119
John Murphy Memorial Cup. Kindly presented in 1988 by the Doran and Redmond families in memory of John Murphy, Horesland – Winner Class 6
Slaney Agricultural Supplies Cup. Kindly presented in 1987 by Mr. Peadar Carter,
Slaney Agricultural Supplies – Supreme Dairy Champion.
J. White Animal Services Cup. Kindly presented in 2015 by J. White Animal Services,
Knockbine – Supreme Irish Moiled Champion.
AGRI LLOYD Trophy ‐ Kindly Sponsored by AGRI LLOYD – Supreme Inter Breed Champion
Supreme Irish Moiled Champion.
Supreme Dairy Champion
Supreme Commercial Champion
Supreme Hereford Champion
Supreme Aubrac Champion
Supreme Inter Breed Champion